This is not a New Years Resolution, however I do need and want to get back to this. I run my mouth enough that I should be able to put some of these ideas down on here. Perhaps a good place to start is as I sit here on New Years Eve in front of a computer (yup welcome to having 2 kids under 5). Don’t worry not complaining at all. But As Robin & I unpack 2010 to 2019 its been quite a decade. Here is some of it in bullet form. And to think that as I was pruning a hedge on our street the other day I meet a woman who lives a few doors down and has lived there for 40+ years. So, here goes and here’s to seeing me running my mouth more on here
- Leave Calvin Center after 11 years as Program Director.
- Failed IVF attempt in August 2012… yup it happened, a long road to parenthood for us
- Leave Georgia USA end of 2012
- Move back to NZ (Marlborough)
- Robin pastors a PCANZ church
- I work as outdoor guide and in community development
- Accept a job with Pittsburgh Presbytery Camp-Crestfield and leave NZ end of 2014.
- Leave NZ knowing we are pregnant with Moana… IVF worked this time
- Robin pastors a small PCUSA church in Pittsburgh
- Cora our beloved dog dies Dec31st 2014 within 6 weeks of returning to USA. This dog had made 2 trips across the world. We are crushed!!!
- Buy a house early 2015 in Pittsburgh.
- Moana Joy Humphreys comes into our lives on July 22 2015. The joy continues.
- Do an adventure race in South Africa in May 2016
- November 2016 I accept a position with Scripture Union NZ (SUNZ) as their South Island Camps Coordinator.
- I roll my truck 3 times on I-79 in December 2016 in a snow storm … a walk away unharmed.
- Leave Crestfield March 2017, leave USA late March 2017
- Start work with SUNZ April 2017.
- Robin starts work with PCANZ Kids Friendly Ministry
- Move to rental on the hill, near the beach
- My first official camp with SUNZ in July 2017 is cancelled… low registrations… UGH
- Race Godzone Fiordland and totally screws with my head.
- We go ‘another round’ of IVF, find out we are pregnant again in March 2018
- Move to another rental on the hill and freeze our ass off over winter
- November 16th 2018 Ruby Grace Elizabeth Humphreys comes into this world. Now the grace and joy continue.
- Race Godzone again to deal with the ghosts of 2018
- House-sit for some friends going overseas for 6 months from May 2019. Move to the country and “farm” with 2 horses, 3 cattle, 1 goat, 1 dog, 2 alpacas, 5 sheep, 2 donkeys, too many chickens (free eggs tho)
- Go to USA for 4 weeks to visit in May 2019
- Buy a house in Beckenham Christchurch, “Get the keys” November 1st. Been here now 2 months.
We had a 2 year ‘itch’ going on for a while there. USA… NZ… USA… NZ. Past that in September this year. Not going anywhere anytime soon.
We now live across the street from a river, mins from the hills for running and mountain biking. The beach is 15mins away. My parents less than 3 mins drive. Moana will start school next year and she will be able to bike. I can mow the lawn in less than 10mins.
My job isn’t perfect… who’s is. We’ve still got challenges… who hasn’t… But I have food, shelter, water, a family I love & that I know loves me
“Unless you seek you can never find”
Thanks Be To God